Friday, April 8, 2011

"Worshippin' Worshippin' YEAH!" (Also, I'm sorry in advance)



So, somehow my sister must have known that I had a horrible dream last night; I was attacked in my bed by a "Rock & Chop" wielding mad man and when I escaped and recounted the story to my mom, she laughed at me and said, "that's what you get for having deranged friends." I tried screaming at her that her beloved first-born's LIFE HAD NEARLY ENDED AT THE HANDS OF A GIMMICKY KNIFE, but in my dream, I could only hoarse-whisper with a particularly crazy-eyed expression. I mean, when your own mother laughs at your narrowly-missed death......oy.

Sis MUST have known this because it's the only reason I'll give her a free pass for her efforts to divert my thoughts from machete-like knives by blasting some Rebecca Black while we were getting ready this morning.

Thankfully, she thought ahead - rather than letting me leave with "Friday" stuck in my head, she followed it up with the SNL "I Just Had Sex" video so I got to walk outta the house (in frustratingly uncomfortable shoes, actually) humming something a little less suicide-inducing. HOWEVER, now the song's stuck in my head again.

SORT OF.

There's a Nondenominational Mega-Church parody video making the rounds that is absolutely fan-flippin-tastic. It's called "Sunday." And a cute little blonde girl rides in the back seat while MOM drives. And they make it to the service in time for her to lead worship (n a modest little denim jacket, bad bangs and no discernible lip gloss in sight, no less). They even toss in some nice, law-abiding, no-texting-while-driving Rap Dweebs who get to issue the best line in the entire video:

"We're goin to church on saturday night - WHOA! Tomorrow's EASTER."

Don't get it? Then you obviously weren't raised in a Nondenominational Mega-Church. Because obviously you don't go to the Sunday Morning Easter service. That would be altogether too crowded. Better leave the parking lot mess to the casual attenders. The Easter Guilt attenders. Go on Saturday night with the rest of the really righteous. Or something.

Anyway - little blonde Christian passes the communion plate and the offering bag. She does Wednesday youth group. Her only slip: I'm pretty sure Jesus would prefer we not put our lives on the line by riding on the back of a convertible (that's what SEAT BELTS are for, good Christian children!). I gotta hand it go them: the people who made this video are startlingly well-versed in the stereotypes of the Mega Church, straight down to the attempt at a "rock concert!" platform from which the blonde leads her Worshippin. Not bad. Not quite as awesome as the "death metal" version of the original, but a solid, squeaky-clean parody that at least made me giggle.

I mean the girl's bangs....are just....impressive. This is so ME as a 12 year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment