Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spooky. And annoying.



So, had an absolutely bizarre dream last night.

In the dream, my mother and sister both died within one week of each other. Sad, in its own right - but in my dream, the ghost of my now-dead sister followed me around and gave me the, uh, ghostly gift of being able to see through her eyes, right before she died.

This is quite spooky.

Particularly because, in the dream, she died of a gunshot to the head while playing an alcohol-fueled version of Russian Roulette. She was with old high school friends. Drunk, old high school friends, I guess.

So through her eyes, I got to glimpse her dying moments, spent laying on a linoleum floor, bleeding out while her friends partied on, obliviously. It took awhile for anyone to call for help - took awhile for any help to arrive, and in the end, I lived through visions of my sisters last minutes, spent in a pool of her own blood, staring at the floor, under a bed, watching her friends' ankles and feet move past her, not realizing she was there...DYING.

Yeah, it was very "I see dead people."

And then in my dream, after experiencing my death through the eyes of my sister's ghost (oh - and Ghost of Sis was very particular about not wanting my thoughts to linger in the room where she'd died because "she'd just spent too many hours there on that floor"), I still had to talk my boss into giving me a few days of bereavement leave. To mourn my sister AND my mother.

And in my dream, aside from being terrified to show any emotion in front of my decidedly anti-emotional boss while alternately rationalizing that there's no time like DEATH TIME to really bring out the big emotional guns, I was alternating between being PETRIFIED to tell my mother my sister was dead, then remembering mother was dead, too, so how would she know about my sister...? WHO would tell her about my sister???

Man, I woke up from that one in a cold sweat. Heart thumping. It was about 4am and I'd NEVER been so glad to wake up from a dream.

Did NOT particularly want to fall back asleep after that.

Sheesh.

But anyway.

Gaga's Remix of the Not-Yet-Released Single and it's accompanying "mini-movie" is not quite as spooky as that dream.

HOWEVER: my dream did NOT involve people with their head tattooed like a skull wandering down a runway in flowy clothes.

Why, skull on runway is almost as spooky as dead sister on linoleum.

Almost.

I'll say this, Gaga: you better seriously bring it when this song drops for real, because based on this mostly-German brou-haha: I'm NOT impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment