Thursday, January 28, 2010

My favorite countdown of the year:

Somewhere along the road I became a huge AskMen fan (fan of the "subscribe to the email newsletter and everything" pursuasion). I know, I'm not a man. Doesn't mean I don't share a manly appreciation for hot chicks. That's probably why the ask men Top 99 Most Desireable Women is an annual thrill for me. My favorite countdown of the year. According to the AskMen people, more than 6 million votes were tallied to come up with the "ideal female companion" for 2010. Even more monumental: they track down GOOD pictures of all 99 women for the slideshow countdown.

It's like mainlining something very pure and pricey for my little celebrity-obsesssed pysche.

Here's an incremental recap. Ironically, one of my underrated favorites of all time snagged the top spot (and she's been decently out of the spotlight this year, so....YAY MEN (or, whomever actually casts the votes) for having great taste this year.

99 - Jamie-Lynn Sigler

Apparently just edged out Kristen Kruek for the bottom spot. I'm glad. Miss Neutrogena has always bugged me...with the possible exception of her fun role in EuroTrip where she rocks out with a very Grunge-Bedazzled Matt Damon during "Scotty Doesn't Know." Jamie-Lynn's cute. Has nice hair. Dated Turtle.

90 - Carrie Underwood

She's a living, breathing Barbie doll with impeccable eye makeup and a set of Cinderella pipes. As far as I'm concerned she can do *almost* no wrong (see: obnoxious duet with Brad Paisley where she over-sings and drowns out Prince Charming).

80 - Selita Ebanks

Victoria's Secret model. Got her start in Sports Illustrated (all the best ones do). Originally engaged to Nick Cannon before he went slumming with Mariah Carey. Has an amazing, mesmerizing, incredible pair of....cheekbones.

70 - Tricia Helfer

Battlestar Galactica. Nuf' said. Those are the types that vote on web countdowns like these.

60 - Eliza Dushku

Ok MEN - bad choice here. Bad choice. Er - good choice if you like your women tough enough to chew your, uh, arm off in a single chomp or kick your pants halfway to Detroit. She's just too horrifyingly TOUGH for me. SO GLAD Scarlett trumped her for the Black Widow role in Iron Man 2. I would have recoiled if she got within a football field of my Tony Stark. I guess some guys will never get over the Buffy days.

50 - Frida Pinto

I decided I loved this girl when she professed to Sally Hansen nail polish for the Oscars. Good for her. Drugstore shopper. Bargain-minded. Classy. Well done, MEN.

40 - Zooey Deschanel

Every hipster's favorite sweetheart. She's darling. Rocks the signature bangs. Redeemed the otherwise groan-worthy "Failure to Launch" with her sleep-deprived, bird-loathing antics. Haven't seen 500 Days of Summer, but apparently therein she rekindled our love of The Smiths.

30 - Olivia Munn

Alright, she's one of those women that ManBloggers love. Egotastic, Hollywoodtuna, Idontlikeyouinthatway, those guys are always the first to post the bikini pics of this Woman of Righteous Cleavage. She's like Keely Hazel - a woman we only recognize when she's undressed. Worth getting excited about, however: Olivia will make an appearance in Iron Man 2. That should put her on the household name map. But then, I thought the same of Olga Kurylenko. Look how well that turned out.

20 - Paz Vega

Ummmmm - she was in that movie The Spirit that "everyone" saw? Mmm hmm. That, and "7 Vidas," which AskMen tells me is the Spanish language equivalent of "Friends." Gotta be honest, never heard of her. Lovely, though. Way to vote, MEN. Who knew so many of you were fluent in famous bullfighters' daughters.

10 - Miranda Kerr

Everyone's favorite "new" Victoria's Secret model. Technically she replaced Gisele. I've yet to find anyone who doesn't think she's cute. It's the dimples. Everyone likes dimples. I'll pardon her taste in "men" (my verdict still out on the official "manliness" of Orlando Bloom.....but hey, supermodels seem to like 'em wimpy....).

1 - Emmanuelle Chriqui

Yay! I've loved her since "100 Girls." She was pretty adorable in National Lampoon's Adam & Eve (actually, check that flick out - I may be the only person I know that's watched it, but as far as brainless gross-out college cinema goes, not bad. She had serious virtue). Then there were those episodes of The OC...and Entourage. And SOON - she teams up with Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham and Alexander Skarsgard in "13." Best I could find out, that's a story about an "underground world of power, violence and chance where men gamble behind closed doors on the lives of other men." Excellent.
Also on the list: Christina Hendricks, Audrina Patridge, Kristen Stewart, Megan Fox, Eva Mendes, Jessica Alba, Marisa Miller, Kate Beckinsale. And about eighty others. Worth checking out during a slow Friday afternoon at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment