Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I know where I'll be this April...


I do.

And it will probably be almost as great as the flying dream I had last night. Setup: the strange sort of modular shanty-town I was living in somewhere in a spooky bayou was "sinking." Didn't want to get sucked down into the swampy bayou muck, so since the little lean-to, mobile home horror I called home in dreamland was going down, down, down, I did what any girl in distress would do: catapulted myself, Super Mario-style up, up, up into the air with the help of a rather heavy-duty version of what I can only describe as an empty wrapping paper tube. Sort of witch-on-broomstick-ee, but I could swoop and dive and soar on this wrapping paper tube...lean a little to the left, zooooom. The wrapping paper tube "cornered like it was on rails" and as long as there was a little bit of a breeze, I could stay up in the air for hours. And I would have, had my ex-boss' son not showed up in the dream and swatted my flying wrapping paper tube right out of the sky. Man. That was a huge disappointment. Punk. Didn't he know not to swat a lady when she's learning the finer points of "flying turns?"

Anyway - great dream. Very fun, that flying thing. Highly recommend it.

So - in the great quest to come up with "Something to Do" for a vacation this year, I've got it figured out:

C O A C H E L L A .

Yep.

Mark your calendars: April 16-18th, I will join about twenty seven billion people (approximately) to rock my tail off in beautiful Palm Springs. Tepid and rainy in Seattle, SUNNY and HOT and DUSTY out in the desert. Here I come, baby. Get ready for it: 130 acts. Three days. 93-degree average temperatures. Lineup just announced, tickets on sale Friday. Band of Skulls. LCD Soundsystem. Beach House. The Soft Pack. Sunny Day Real Estate. Gorillaz (I know...wha...?) MuteMath. DEVO (heh. heh). The Raveonettes. Toyko Police Club. Muse. Faith No More. She and Him. Orbital. Thom Yorke (!!!!!).

Oh, and Jay-Z.

That's right.

If it doesn't sell out before the tax refund arrives: consider me packed and on my way....

Because this guy looks like he needs a friend:

No comments:

Post a Comment