Thursday, July 1, 2010

So, insecurity knows no fame limits. apparently.

First things first: I'm really particularly ambivalent about Brangelina.

Er, I should say: I don't buy Angie's saint act, Brad's about as far from "hot" as it gets in my book, the two of them are patently UN-interesting to me.

EXCEPT when we start talking "celebrity jealousy issues," because it reinforces the psychologically fascinating fact that it doesn't matter how rich you are, how many women would kill to look like you (and I'm speaking in generic, rather than personal terms), how many men hold you up as a paragon of "unconventional hotness" or how teeeny tiny your upper arms look in photographs, it still doesn't give you a get-out-of-jail-free card when it comes to that pesky matter of insecurity.

Well then, Heather, tell me more.

Sooooooo.....the Pitt is working on movie with Robin Wright (no longer Wright Penn). In Touch Weekly (so, there's your fair grain of salt warning) ran a bit that suggests Angie is jealous of all the time Brad's been spending with Ms Wright. Here's the quote:

"In L.A. recently, Brad and Angie had a 'huge fight in the car' over a sex scene in Brad’s new movie, Moneyball. She’s also not happy about how much time Brad is spending with his costar, Robin Wright."

Aaaaaaaand - Heather declares that Angie is at least able to recognize when she's out-classed.

Put another way: there aren't a whole lot of actresses that we could insert into this little rumour that would pose a believable threat, but there's something about Buttercup that I would find threatening if I lived in Angie's Louboutins.

It's not that Robin Wright is that much more stunning, but she seems remarkably self-possessed. Wise. Well-spoken. Composed. Classy.

And, um, she doesn't come with an entire football team of rugrats.

In my mind, she'd probably sit there with a cigarette and her sort of excellent "I need no makeup, I'm Princess Buttercup" understated style and smirk at these rumors, herself. "I have no need for an international kindergarten. I'm in the market for an ambassador. A political powerhouse. A restauranteur. Now then, make like a bird and fly -- far, far away."

To flip it around: I read a different story a while back suggesting that Johnny Depp's girl Vanessa was righteously uncomfortable with Johnny filming with Angelina because, I dunno, she was afraid Angie would grab Cap'n Jack in those spindley, veiny little arms of hers and Vanessa would be history. And I chuckled and thought, "um, darling, you've nothing to worry about. You're much more mysterious and internationally eccentric and, oh, the MOTHER OF HIS CHILD, so really: retract fangs, re-compose, chill."

This rumour, however, I'd love to see get a little more air time. Because if nothing else, it's a lovely, poetic sort of reminder that none of us (no matter how wealthy, how over-exposed, how pillow-lipped, how fit or how famous we may be) are immune to that Ugly Insecurity Thing.

Aaaaaaand, I'm reminded of an OLD, old song by....oh, Ginuine or something, that talked about the fact that talked about cheating, and the idea that a girl looked good, but she was already dating someone else, and if she was willing to cheat on boyfriend X to run around with Ginuine, how did Mr G know she wouldn't do the same to him down the line. To summarize. And, as we remember, Brad was still legally Mr Aniston when he ran around with Angie, so she knows he's got it in him to seek greener pastures....

Bottom line: obviously tabloids thrive on flimsily-substantiated cheating rumors to stay in business, if we're not convinced that Scarlett and Ryan are on the verge of a split on Tuesday, then odds are we're at least contemplating whether or not Jude and Sienna are on or off by Saturday.....it's just that this particular rumor actually seems interesting....as in, Robin Wright doesn't spend a whole lot of time in the gossip limelight, making her a more believeable player in the "When will the Brangelina Dynasty Topple" tale.

Stay tuned.......

(and cue my shame over the fact that I did just commit 630 words to speculation on two of my least-favorite celebs....eh, it happens....)

No comments:

Post a Comment