Friday, June 25, 2010

White & Knight.



So, I went away for awhile there. It happens. Vacations, and work on my novel-in-progress, and a dull stint in Celebrity Gossip Land where everyone was well-behaved or too boring to bother with would be easy excuses......BUT:

Really, I was just waiting for yesterday to roll around.

Because I said 2 things yesterday that I never thought I've have reason to say, ever.

First thing: "Those white jeans are super cute."

And they were. In a sort of fabulously chopped-up, "careful to wear nude-colored undies," won't-they-look-great-with-some-fun-gold-heels-and-a-long-summery-top" sort of way.

And they fit well. In a smaller size than I expected to wear. So - while it felt rather 1994-ish to be wearing them (and while I justified them -- horrifyingly -- by recalling how great LeAnn Rimes (YES, you read that right, LeAnn Rimes) looked in something similar recently), I think they're a great way to declare summertime in Seattle officially here.

And then today it got chilly and rainy again.

Because the universe knew I bought ripped white jeans inspired by LeAnn Rimes and wanted to make sure I didn't top off the look by adding a side-ponytail or something flash-back-ee, so it stepped in to save me from myself.

But I won't be deterred. I'll find a one-shouldered floral top of some sort and some great peep-toe platforms and I'll show white jeans how it's really done. And I'll make Blossom proud.

The second thing I said yesterday; "I wanna go see that new Tom Cruise movie."

Yeah, I said that.

My inner Tom Cruise-hater put herself on ice for a moment and allowed herself to actually giggle out loud at how perfectly-suited he seemed for the nearly satirical character in Knight and Day. Unhinged, crazy-eyed and over-the-top seems to fit him well. Almost as well as Les Grossman (perhaps his most compelling "work" to date, "Born On the 4th of July" included, because I actually cease to see the Tom in the Les suit. And the dancing....I could watch it all day. All day.).

And while I struggle to deal with Cameron Diaz in any capacity, looks to me like she's supposed to be an obnoxious, squealing ding-bat in this movie, and that doesn't seem to require much acting, so maybe I'll be able to handle her.

Either way - it was a day of firsts.

Welcome back to the not-quite-good-graces of Heather's consciousness, Tom. All that's left to really redeem you is a haircut. And, um, PLEASE, just stop with the staged "out-and-about" photo-ops with "Kate," where you struggle to hold hands like a normal couple which just makes it all the more obvious that things behind closed doors are miserable and loveless.

Those two things, and I might actually stop hating you.

No comments:

Post a Comment