Thursday, May 13, 2010

You know what I want for my birthday????


I want an ass-grab from a sock-less man in high-water pants while we're wearing Matching Jaunty Hats.

Whoa - hold up....you mean I'm copying Pacey and that National Treasure chick with my glorious, one-in-a-million birthday wish? You mean someone else already tackled the ass-grab in Matching Hats, but with the added sparkle of being IN ROME while it went down?

Wowza.

I'm so behind the curve now.

They totally just ruined my birthday.

Ok - fine, the birthday is still a month away, I've got time to come up with another perfect wish. OK - here goes - I've got it:

I would like to go do some shopping in the city....I would like a man in a mock-turtleneck to come along to help me carry my shopping loot. We'll go big - I'll bring along something like a saddlebag to keep all of my cash in. I'll wear fantastic riding boots - it will all be very equestrian. Best birthday ever. And the icing on the birthday cake: this bag-carrying man and I, we'll be wearing Matching Jaunty Hats.

Get out. Are you serious? Pacey and that National Treasure chick ruined that completely original birthday wish, too? No Flipping Way:


They're killin me here. Taking absolutely all of my great ideas and sucking the originality right out of them. I mean that saddlebag, cropped riding jacket and funny boots while shopping thing, that takes some creativity - not every girl thinks that would make the ultimate birthday gig....

Damn those two.

OK - I won't be outdone. Another birthday wish. Third time's a charm. I'd LOVE to get runway-side seats to a fashion show. Doesn't have to be anything big and fancy and Valentino, even a little Tommy Hilfiger debut would be fine. Yeah - a Tommy show, we'll be ringside, I'll take a nice man friend along. We'll look very styling, very cutting edge - we'll even take a fashion risk and wear sunglasses indoors for the entire evening (because, you know, at this point there's a certain amount of deliberate, retro kitsch about wearing sunglasses while indoors - I think it'll be a smash hit). And while we're at it: how about we both wear Matching Dashing Scarves. Art Deco-esque printed scaves, maybe? Because that says "whimsical. fun-loving. quirky." And one of us in a scarf is fine, but I think it really projects an image of style solidarity if BOTH of us are in Art Deco-esque printed scarves. Yes! That would make for a Perfect Birthday.

Oh.

You don't say:


No sweat. I'm aiming too high, here. I mean, it's just another birthday. Think local. I'll just grab my man, my bike, my motorcycle boots and head to my favorite local parking garage to go for a spin. I'll put a trendy twist on biking by bustin out my best Pocahontas earrings and a sort of bohemian-looking vest. It'll all be very free spirited. But I've learned my lesson -- we won't wear anything matching this time....apparently Pacey and that National Treasure chick have tackled that pretty well already:


Happy Birthday, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment