Thursday, May 3, 2007

a sigh of blog-ish sadness...


It's stuck in my head at the moment, that Jack Johnson tune about the good people. Where'd they go, the good people? Reminiscing about a time a year ago when my list of blog buddies was miles long, the daily reading more than I could keep up with, the comment threads spirited, lively...

Then the summer came and went, and something happened...

Weddings, masters degrees, civil discontent, falling in love...whatever. "My" bloggers dropped like flies. The blogscape (I prefer that to "blogospere") became a little more bleak...a little more lonely. Where'd T go? Come back, Paige. Banana, I miss you...

Mere's stuck with it. I dig Mere. Her page is pink. I dig pink. She manages amazing poignancy in the middle of day-to-day anecdotes about her life...I like reading about other people's daily grind, getting caught off guard by something disarmingly touching and realizing we're all pretty similar, really...

At any rate, since I'm feeling generally repressed and uninspired by the back-breaking combination of a heavy work load, nearly full-time school, tight-as-they've-ever-been finances (ever-expanding hips) and TERRIBLY FEBRUARY-LIKE WEATHER IN MAY, I've decided to recommit myself to The Joy of the Blog. A creative outlet in my otherwise drone-like working-stiff existence in RainCity these days.

And I shall rediscover new and wonderful blogs and be inspired by people that, today, I don't even know exist.

Just know, long-lost blog-buddies, I miss you!

3 comments:

  1. i know exactly what you mean, Heather. Something just happened.

    I returned to school in the fall, and i really dropped off my postings. Now I have a new blog about a summer trip I'm taking, and I feel slightly sad that it's getting more attention (from me and readers alike) than my other blog does.

    I've been reading your blog since last year, and I'm happy to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I would like to say that I'm glad you're back. I've been reading for quite a while now and I was getting worried that you had quit.

    Second, what's wrong with your hips? I still remember the honeymoon photos and they look fine to me. It hasn't been that long... has it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa, look a person or two still checks in! Thanks guys! I'm on a quest to nurture and rebuilt long-neglected bloggie relationships...good luck with the bike endeavor brianne!

    (to clarify: the hips are my personal fixation - the piece of me most-likely to get outta control after a winter of nesting, so-to-speak. Baking, sleeping in, baking some more :))

    ReplyDelete