Wednesday, January 3, 2007

slept through it again.

The New Year, that is. Went to bed at 11:27 after playing taxi for 2 hours. Left husband at a kegger with his father, dodged crazy lunatics in downtown traffic, went home and went to bed...woke up hours later to husband telling me a story about eating kegger potluck beans and meeting a guy that worked on a fish processor. Tried to sleep a bit. Woke up to husband screaming "HAPPY NEW YEAR" on the phone to some drunk buddies that called in the middle of the night. Slept for another five minutes. Woke up to husband YAKKING his guts out - violently - sometime around 3 am (those fantastic potluck beans he'd told me about, apparently). Threatened to go sleep elsewhere, then took out the trash containing vomit clean-up napkins. Paused for a moment to wonder exactly why I was standing outside in slippers and my nice dress coat holding vomit-garbage in the middle of the night when I should have been sleeping. or cuddling. or whatever newleyweds do on their first married New Year.

earlier in the night, sometime around 10, between picking someone up and dropping someone else off at ridiculously far-removed parts of town, had a conversation with two guys wearing...hmmm..."dapper" fedoras in a parking garage elevator that went something like: "You look like you're on your way to party!"

me: "actually, party's done for the night, i'm goin home"

(must be the nice dress coat. long, fancy coats scream "out on the town")

fedora guys: "well that's just wrong."

me: "what can I say. i'm an old lady. I'm goin to bed."

fedora guys: "there's something wrong in the world."

my thought: yep. two full-grown men in matching fedoras that don't seem remotely embarassed.

At any rate, Happy New Year...I think my one resolution shall be to throw away the christmas tree by April this year. and to pluck my eyebrows a little more consistently. and maybe wash the sheets every now and then. or the kitchen towels...one or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment